I’m sure I’m not alone in having one of those type of days. Yesterday lots of little things didn’t go according to plan and then there were things happening to friends and family that had me worried.
So I looked at a friend’s pack of cigarettes and thought, I could just have one…
Thankfully the moment passed and I’m glad. I gave up smoking years ago and have no desire to start again.
We are all constantly looking for ways to shift our mood, to feel better for a moment and a quick fix is tempting when we don’t feel good in that moment. So what can we do instead?
Shifting our “State” can be done in many ways. Here are some suggestions, of course the ones suggesting going outside are weather dependent.
Click on the links for ideas, they may not all appeal to you, some may surprise you!
- Listen to some powerful or uplifting music.
- Take a warm relaxing bath and daydream about somewhere you want to go.
- Read or re-read some fiction or a magazine. There are tons of free books available online or check out your local library.
- Binge watch a show that no one else likes – but you do. Here’s my guilty pleasure.
- Do something nice for someone else. Check out Random Acts Of Kindness
- Take a long walk alone in nature.
7. Watch an inspiring Ted Talk
8. Meditate -if you struggle with meditating, listen to a Guided Meditation
9. Smile for a minute – try it, it works
10. Write down ten things you are grateful for.
11. Visit a friend who you haven’t see for a while.
12. Clear out a closet and donate your unwanted items to charity.
13. Do positive affirmations.
14. Try some Tapping Techniques.
15. Rest – sometimes we need a nap or a good night’s sleep.
Do let me know which ones are helpful to you.
For daily inspiration come join my Facebook Group. From Fears To Dreams. It’s a closed group so you will need to be logged in to access it.